Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Events  >  Le Mans classic. 2016
0 Members Browsing (4 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4 » : All Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Le Mans classic. 2016  (currently 2,428 views)
Grant Wilson
Posted on: October 25th, 2014, 08:30:57 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

LeMans -- 2016

Morning ,

as a birthday present my family have bought me tickets to lemans classic 2016..... Through 'travel destinations'.

So I am definitely going......so as time passes so quickly thought I might as well start a thread now and hopefully get a few cars trackside.

So are you going ?

Grant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Steve_Schmidt
Posted on: October 25th, 2014, 09:27:47 Quote Report to Moderator
Medium Member

..... I wish .....  

Steve (MM 7056) Downunder
http://www.mm7056.wordpress.com
Private Message Reply: 1 - 46
chris clarke
Posted on: October 28th, 2014, 21:18:33 Quote Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

I'm going, i may be marcos less unless i have built another by then which may well happen i miss mine already, thats why i wouldnt drive yours at the weekend incase i got the urge to buy another, there is a very nice one in auction at the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! i must keep my hands in my pockets.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 46
Grant Wilson
Posted on: October 28th, 2014, 22:41:59 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

LeMans -- 2016

Funny you should say that Chris as I happen to have a spare that I could let you borrow .....if I still have it then........ !!!!
Grant

Last modified October 28th, 2014, 22:52:25 by Grant Wilson
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 46
Grant Wilson
Posted on: November 1st, 2014, 20:30:01 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

LeMans -- 2016

As I finalise my Le Mans plans I have been offered two on circuit camp sites at Hunaudieres on the inside of the Tertre Rouge corner, and on the famous Porsche Curves.

From those who have been already ...... Which camp site is best ?...??

If there is gonna be a number of MM cars there ..... Can we all park at the same place ?...
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Grant.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 46
admin
Posted on: November 17th, 2014, 20:20:46 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

There's some interesting news about to break so watch this space.

Needless to say every Mini Marcos owner should make every effort to be there.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 5 - 46
Brian
Posted on: November 18th, 2014, 03:27:02 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

There's a faint chance I could make something like that, obviously without a car, though.

If I were to go as a spectator, what do I need to do re: lodging, etc? Are there MM club arrangements I'd want to be aware of? We've been talking about doing a roadtrip in the UK, and a trip across the channel could be a fun addition...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 46
Brian
Posted on: November 18th, 2014, 20:36:21 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Talked to the fiancee, and I think we may be tentatively on board for shooting for this. We would probably do a bit over 2 week trip, with a few days down at the lemans classic, take a ferry over to UK, and then do a roadtrip either up to Scotland or ferry over to Ireland.

I obviously won't have anything other than a cheapo rental car, but we will enjoy being spectators .
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 46
admin
Posted on: November 18th, 2014, 22:18:57 Quote Report to Moderator

Quoted from Brian, posted November 18th, 2014, 03:27:02 at here
If I were to go as a spectator, what do I need to do re: lodging, etc? Are there MM club arrangements I'd want to be aware of? We've been talking about doing a roadtrip in the UK, and a trip across the channel could be a fun addition...

There are camp sites around the circuit and b&b accommodation further afield but you need to book up early. Check the Marcos Sportscar Enthusiasts forum for more information nearer the time. Also se Grant's post above.

There will be a Marcos club area inside the circuit. Passes and admission tickets are usually booked by Isobel Chivers of Club Marcos International. You can also get tickets and accommodation through third party companies.

Last modified November 18th, 2014, 22:25:04 by admin
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 8 - 46
Grant Wilson
Posted on: November 18th, 2014, 22:41:08 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

LeMans -- 2016

Hi, so that's the numbers begun .

Myself, Chris possibly Brian and Richard ?

Share Steve is the other side of the world ....sure someone will send some pics

Perhaps we should consider which campsite to book ?...?

Grant.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 46
Goff_Allen
Posted on: November 19th, 2014, 17:48:41 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Now two friends of ours came to stop with us a couple of weeks ago and i told them about the Le Man 2016, and talked about a trip in the Jem , He phoned me a week later as he had Google it and he was up for going, So we could make one as well,

Richard is the Club doing something ?????????????????????????????????,

It would be nice if Brian and fiance made it , But i don't think you would be in a cheap Rento as i don't know of any and when you see the price of our gas, But don't be put of as our island is only small so the milage you do would will compensate , I think , But i reckon you will tell me that you have already been here!!!!!!! Steve could fly over and make a Holiday + tour of Europe and of course UK

Goff.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 46
Brian
Posted on: November 19th, 2014, 20:54:27 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Goff,

I actually have been to the UK a few times -- mostly to London. The only bit of driving there, though, was back in 2005, I did a road trip from London to Canterbury, then along the south coast, and up into Wales and back to London. We managed to find the crappiest rental car ever -- Normally when you rent a car, they note any scratches on the car before you take it out, the guy just drew a squiggly circle around the whole car. The car always seemed like it was barely going to start, too. But it was dirt cheap! These days, I'm not totally broke, so I'll manage to find something a touch nicer, though .

Shortly before I met Charlotte (fiancee), she had done a road trip around Ireland with some of her friends, and is eager to go back, though Scotland is high on her list as well.

At this point, unless something significant comes up, I'm pretty sure we're in. I'm going to start looking into tickets and accomodations at the lemans classic.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 46
admin
Posted on: November 20th, 2014, 16:58:02 Quote Report to Moderator

Quoted from Goff_Allen, posted November 19th, 2014, 17:48:41 at here
Richard is the Club doing something ?????????????????????????????????,

It would be nice if Brian and fiance made it , But i don't think you would be in a cheap Rento as i don't know of any and when you see the price of our gas, But don't be put of as our island is only small so the milage you do would will compensate , I think , But i reckon you will tell me that you have already been here!!!!!!! Steve could fly over and make a Holiday + tour of Europe and of course UK  

Therre will be a combined Marcos club stand which is organised by CMI. I hope we shall get a bit more space than in recent years. I don't know if MMOC is doing anything special. I guess it's down to us if we want to drive down together. I'll probably go on the Wednesday night via Portsmouth - Le Havre or maybe Caen, and come back on Monday afternoon. I might have a spare seat, or possibly a spare car if I put it back together in time, but I've got to get to Lithuania and back first.

It's not all signed and sealed yet, but MOC have got something something special planned for LMC 2016!

Last modified November 20th, 2014, 17:05:04 by admin
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 12 - 46
Joost van Dien
Posted on: November 21st, 2014, 10:13:58 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Drive it as much as possible!

I will be there with at least 1 car. I hope my girl drives the other one (she likes the car more and more, which is a good point till she keeps it for herself!)

Now waiting for the good news from MOC. Will there be any combined deal from the Le Mans Classic and MMOC? And is the camping together?

Regards,
Joost

Last modified November 21st, 2014, 10:15:19 by Joost van Dien
Logged Offline
Private Message MSN Reply: 13 - 46
admin
Posted on: November 22nd, 2014, 23:41:07 Quote Report to Moderator

That's difficult. If we want to camp together at one of the official ACO sites we'll need to book together and we'll need to book early to get a site on the inside of the circuit. Karting Nord is convenient but noisy. Unfortunately Isobel doesn't do the campsite bookings at the same time as the event tickets which would make life easier. I think the MOC guys usually book through Travel Destinations who have their own camp sites. Some people camp at Darren and Debbie's place which is some distance from the circuit.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 14 - 46
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4 » : All Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Events  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules