Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Marcos  >  Alternative Headlights
0 Members Browsing (48 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1, 2 » : All Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Alternative Headlights  (currently 5,509 views)
TheOldBailey
Posted on: May 2nd, 2007, 11:04:46 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Following on from the post about the headlight recess I was wondering if anyone has ever fitted headlights to their Marcos that are non mini and possibly even smaller

I was thinking of similar to the lotus or some kitcars I have seen that have the headlights and indicators in the recess

Just a thought?

James
Logged Offline
Private Message
Allan Brown
Posted on: May 2nd, 2007, 12:21:55 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

I am thinking of putting Peugeot 307 headlights in my MM. Initial measurements look close but I still have to get a pair and try them in place. Other headlights I considered were Honda Jazz and Citroen picasso but I don't think they are as close fit as the Peugeot.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 18
admin
Posted on: May 2nd, 2007, 14:28:04 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

You can buy small projector-type headlamp units from suppliers like Anthony Stafford (SVC), Premier Wiring, Carbuilder Solutions, etc. but they are quite expensive. I think small double headlights similar to the Mantaray would look good.

Putting the indicators in the headlamp recess would not conform to regulations though I've seen it done. The indicator must be visible from in front of the car on the opposite side and not completely concealed by the recess.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 2 - 18
Philip Tonkin
Posted on: May 7th, 2007, 16:19:17 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Some of you might have noticed at Stoneleigh the angel eye LED headlights.  I have never been a fan of these in the past as I didn't see the point.  Now I have seen them with Orange LED used as indicators I think they are great.  Can't remember the name of the company though.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 18
Ian Allbon
Posted on: May 27th, 2007, 16:39:33 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I am busy installing the headlights from a Diahatsu Sirion(South Africa). There is a fair amount of body work to do however the profile of the light and the side of the car is almost perfect. I tried Honda Jazz lights and they look beaut however they will not sit level with their side profile.

Regards

Ian Allbon
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 18
Graham Bichard
Posted on: June 20th, 2009, 21:20:14 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone completed this mod?
Any chance of some pics?
Chers,
Graham
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 18
Ewen Sergison
Posted on: June 22nd, 2009, 22:03:07 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi!
i will be loading some pictures soon on my web site of my marcos which will be having its first drive tommorrow after 18 years!
i have made some inner pannels from grp which fit over small projector beam units then are neatly tucked in behind the marcos owners club plastic covers!
they look very modern and ferrari 360 ish (where i got my insperation).
i have the moulds if any body wants some and i am also in the prosess of finishing the moulf for a 360 style rear defuser thet fits from the rear floors right to the rear body with a trangular section in the center for a center exit exhast!
my business is making grp for single seater race cars so all items are to a good standard!
My marcos is off to a millie miglla run in 4 weeks and if it comes back from its 4.5k trip in one peice it will be at prescott for the 50th party!
Ewen! Avit motorsport
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 18
Craig Smith
Posted on: June 23rd, 2009, 16:46:36 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

I've just come across this video of Ewans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOayEuHhIAA
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 18
Graham Bichard
Posted on: June 23rd, 2009, 20:58:00 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

Ewan, that sounds exactly the kind of thing I was after!  Can't wait to see the pics.  How would projector headlights fit in with the IVA test, do you know?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 18
Ewen Sergison
Posted on: August 18th, 2009, 21:18:14 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

guy not updated site but my pics are on face book!
Ewen sergison if you add me put a note about marcos headlamps and ill add you! there is also a video pre crash at the 50th party at prescott!
i have all moulds for lamps too!
as for the sva test the projector beam lamps produce a flat beam image so road legal and mot friendly!

regards ewen!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 18
Graham Bichard
Posted on: August 29th, 2009, 20:51:43 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

Is this your handywork, Ewen:

Last modified August 29th, 2009, 20:52:03 by Graham Bichard
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 18
Craig Smith
Posted on: August 30th, 2009, 16:08:44 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Very nice indeed!!

What are those lights out of?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 18
Ewen Sergison
Posted on: August 31st, 2009, 07:24:18 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

yep thats it!
there just cheap projector beam spot lamps that any motorist discount shop sells!
they give out a flat beam so i have mounted the upper ones the correct way for dip beam and turned the others upside down in there brackets for main!
the clear covers are from the mmoc and i just painted a black rim on the inside with smoothite and the black inner peice i make from fiberglass! then trim the wholes to suit!
its i fiddley thing to make but they have 5000 miles on them know and trouble free!
i was going to paint them red so they would be a little ferrari 360 ish but the black seemed to stand out better to me!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 18
Graham Bichard
Posted on: August 31st, 2009, 14:27:32 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

Yeah, they caught my eye at Prescott - thats kind of the look I'd hope to achieve.  Presumably the holes in which the projector light fit could be trimmed to suit different sizes?  I was thinking of using motorbike projector beams.  As a biker as well, I know some of their projector lights are pretty powerful, and as more and more modern bikes use them, they're becoming more common in breakers.
Where are your indicators positioned, Ewen?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 18
Graham Bichard
Posted on: August 31st, 2009, 14:33:55 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

And presumably this is your venturi/diffuser:
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 18
Pages: 1, 2 » : All Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Marcos  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules