Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Marcos  >  mmoc spares
0 Members Browsing (44 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    mmoc spares  (currently 815 views)
Brian
Posted on: March 15th, 2013, 21:56:49 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

I was interested in some info re: the spares that are listed on the mmoc front page. As I've discussed in another thread or two, I'm putting together a new mk6. I've tried emailing the person who, I think, is responsible for the spares, but I'm not sure I had the right address, and I haven't received a reply.

I'm making a shopping list of stuff to get in the UK and have shipped with the shell -- things are much more expensive over here, and shipping separately would be prohibitive for many items.

Few specific questions:
* Are the items listed there still available?

* Heated front and rear windscreens -- I'm considering these, as I likely will not have a heater in the cabin. There's a very big price difference between the ones from mmoc spares and the ones offered directly from heritage spares (305GBP for the pair from mmoc vs 600GBP from heritage spares) ...

* The heated front windshield you guys list -- is it done with the "invisible" wires, I presume? And the rear, i assume is done with the visible painted conductive wire?

* The headlamp covers here -- is that just the covers, or whatever mounting hardware is needed for them? (Without it in front of me, I'm not sure what's included.

* I'll need to grab some badges for the car; which ones do people recommend?

If I purchase those larger items from the mmoc spares stock, what can we arrange for delivery? Specifically, I'm hoping for these items to end up at the Marcos Heritage garage in Wiltshire, before the shell is packed for shipping. It should be sometime in  about a month or so.

Who should I contact to discuss this further? I'm also able to discuss on the phone or skype, generally between 8am and 10am in UK time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Simon Robinson
Posted on: March 16th, 2013, 10:11:20 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Brian - I can help on a couple of the above points, but only from my perspective:

The front windscreen is "invisible" and the rear a "visible" heated screen, you'll need to build a relay circuit to trigger them. I've had problems with my front screen as a lot of the wires have stopped working, possibly due to using too high a current through them.

I think the headlight covers come without mountings, as they are listed separately. There was someone who posted here a few months back, looking at making covers out of 1mm plastic to improve the optical effect, but not sure if he has enough interest.

I've got an enamel badge on the front of my MM, which looks great and I reckon is worth the extra money. I also got a set of wheel centres to fit the hubs of my Compomotives, not sure what wheels you're using but they look better than blank hubs.

D&H Mk IV 8313, KGV 215V (aka George) - 75,000 miles and counting since restoration in 2011.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 9
admin
Posted on: March 16th, 2013, 12:10:23 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

Brian,
As far as I know the items listed on the web site are available, or I would have taken them off. Andy doesn't read his email veryt often so it's best to phone. However Roger Garland can advise you about windscreens, headlamp covers etc. (info@minimarcos.org).

We used to supply stainless steel fixing kits for Mini Marcos headlamp covers. Unfortunately they have been unavailable for some time and we haven't resourced them. The kits comprised a bracket which is fitted to the front of the headlamp recess and two tongues which were attached to the back of the cover and went into slots just above the headlamp units, plus all the necessary nuts, bolts and washers.

Btw, anything from Heritage is likely to be a lot more expensive than through the club because we don't have the same overheads.

Last modified March 16th, 2013, 12:12:19 by admin
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 2 - 9
Brian
Posted on: April 30th, 2013, 19:04:05 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Just an update here -- I'm arranging through heritage to purchase the windscreens -- there is a hefty transport fee, as there seems to be a considerable distance between the two locations, it still comes out cheaper to source them from the club.

I hope I don't need a screen replacement and need to transport one overseas later!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 9
Vic_Allen
Posted on: May 1st, 2013, 14:00:39 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Re:- headlight covers, I bought some around christmas time & if I recall correctly the fitting kits are no longer available.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 9
admin
Posted on: May 1st, 2013, 20:42:22 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

Yes, I think the oranisation we got them from packd up. They shouldn't be too difficult to get made.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 5 - 9
Brian
Posted on: May 1st, 2013, 20:47:20 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

As for the headlamp covers, I'm sourcing them from Marcos Heritage, and they supposedly include the fitting kits. There is a hefty price premium for them there, though...

I just looked back, and my previous post didn't make sense. What I had meant to say is that Marcos Heritage garage is purchasing the front and rear windscreen from the club for me.

I've also ordered a small number of badges, key fobs, etc from the club, too.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 9
Richard_Stow
Posted on: December 18th, 2013, 00:26:56 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi,
my previous post, re plans for moulding thin headlamp covers, was mentioned.

Still intending to do this in coming months, probably vacuum formed from 0.5 mm PETG. If there are some old thick perspex covers out there I can buy/borrow, it would speed up the project. I could make a pair for the donor in exchange for use of originals. It seems a bit crazy buying new ones just to make the moulds.

I could then make them to order, or sell the vacuum forming moulds

Richard
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 9
Simon Robinson
Posted on: December 18th, 2013, 08:55:33 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

I'm still interested in getting a set of these once you're ready to produce them, is there any chance the club can loan Richard a set of "thick" ones and allow him to sell the thin ones through the magazine?

D&H Mk IV 8313, KGV 215V (aka George) - 75,000 miles and counting since restoration in 2011.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 9
Arno Holm
Posted on: December 19th, 2013, 19:22:14 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Would also be interested, depending on price offcourse
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 9
Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Marcos  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules