Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Marcos  >  CARPAPERS FOR SALE ?????
0 Members Browsing (38 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    CARPAPERS FOR SALE ?????  (currently 595 views)
Geert_Vanassche
Posted on: July 21st, 2014, 08:15:44 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi ,
Has anybody carpapers for a mini marcos for sale ?
Geert
Logged Offline
Private Message
mike brown
Posted on: July 21st, 2014, 09:07:53 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

It is illegal to sell or even give away registration documents in the uk without the relevant body shell. However you can sell a body shell without any documents even if the documents exist.
Mike
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 6
Brian
Posted on: July 21st, 2014, 19:38:06 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Are you trying to get help to prove the age of your car? I think either members of the club or the heritage garage might be able to help you determine the age or other history of a car. If the car is old enough, many countries seem to allow you to register it as it's year of manufacturer or first sale...do you have any identifying info for that?

Also, some companies will be able to help restore a serial number plate for certain vehicles, but they will require proof that the information they are restoring is accurate for the vehicle.

But yeah, I imagine in most places, registration papers will not be legal to use with any vehicle other than the one they came with.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 6
Geert_Vanassche
Posted on: July 21st, 2014, 19:58:13 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi ,
Thanks for the info !
That means if the car is total destroyed by an accident , you can/may not use the carpapers and startup reparation with another old body or even a new body (as far I am informed a new body is available in the UK) ?
geert
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 6
Alex_Rowbottom
Posted on: July 21st, 2014, 20:21:32 Quote Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

You could maybe sell it to someone over here and get it repaired and re registered and then maybe get it re sold to you?  If that's a way of getting round it I don't know though
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 6
Brian
Posted on: July 21st, 2014, 20:40:32 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Here in the US,and I think in the UK,not sure where else --
If a car is totally trashed, and is getting repaired with a new shell, but all the old parts, then you can get the old papers applied to the new car, as long as it uses enough of the original car. In the UK, I recall reading about a points system that was used to determine how much of the car needs to be kept. Here in the states, it's a bit more vague, but involves taking pictures and receipts to the local motor vehicle department. They will issue new paperwork, with the old car's info, and if needed, the new serial number from the replacement shell. If the replacement shell doesn't have a VIN, they will create and attach one.

It all comes down to proving that to your officials. And every country is different.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 6
mike brown
Posted on: July 21st, 2014, 20:43:05 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

It was possible to rebuild a crashed car using a brand new body and retain the identity. However this is about to change soon the only way of rebuilding anything other than a category D is to take it for an IVA this will give the car a completely new identity based on a points system to identify the age.
Mike
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 6
Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Marcos  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules