Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Marcos  >  Mini Marcos Restoration in California
0 Members Browsing (46 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: « 1, 2 : All Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Mini Marcos Restoration in California  (currently 1,406 views)
mike brown
Posted on: May 28th, 2015, 12:58:13 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Instead of using plywood you could use a sheet of Formica of melamine faced mdf to layup some fibreglass sheet. This can be cut to shape then laminated into the car.
Mike
P.S you have some interesting projects there I have a mini marcos (project), mini jem (project), land rover 90 (in use)(about to replace with a very early 110) and a foers ibex I'm currently building.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 15 - 18
Spank
Posted on: February 8th, 2016, 20:45:53 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

It is with sincere remorse that I announce the passing of Robin Gilmour. Robin went peacefully in his sleep some time in the evening of October 9-10.

Robin was excited to be working on this Mini Marcos with his 11yr-old son. It is with his wife and son's blessing that the Mini Marcos is being offered up for sale. I personally had a heart to heart discussion with the strikingly mature young man and he said that, while he'd considered embarking on a Hollywood-style effort to get the car back on the road in his father's honor, he felt it ultimately was beyond reason and he'd much rather see the car put back on the road much sooner and in the hands of an enthusiast who would love it at least as much as his dad did.

If you are aware of anyone who may be interested in this car, I have been entrusted to market and find a buyer for this car. I'm a friend and a mini nut myself, and am happy to help the family recoup some of the expenses he sunk into his eclectic car collection.

Here is a link to the car ad that I have created. I am preferring a local buyer who can see first hand what level of a project this is, and who can collect all of the parts as well. However, if there is no local interest I will being the labor intensive process of photographing and cataloging everything that is included.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5438939108.html
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 16 - 18
mike brown
Posted on: February 8th, 2016, 21:18:19 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

I'm sorry to hear you news. I'm sure I speak for all that our thoughts are with his familyand iI wish you the best of luck with the sale.
Mike
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 17 - 18
Brian
Posted on: February 8th, 2016, 22:22:48 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Aww, sorry to hear that.

If I can help in any way with the resale (answering questions, etc to a buyer, I'd be glad to -- I'm based out of the SF bay area, and will have my Mini Marcos at Mini thunder this coming weekend (if all goes well with a few last minute jobs on it).

I'd eyeball that car, but we just bought a house, and am probably off of buying cars for a bit.

I'm also hoping to get my car to MMW in San Diego later this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 18 - 18
Pages: « 1, 2 : All Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Marcos  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules