Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Marcos  >  Quaterlight rubbers
0 Members Browsing (41 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Quaterlight rubbers  (currently 597 views)
Andy_Bullock
Posted on: April 16th, 2017, 19:36:35 Quote Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Hi all,
Finalising the interior at the moment and hoping to get some glazing back in this week. I have read the build manual and it says use smaller rubber seals...are these required? Sure I purchased my seals from the club and were told the standard sized will work...anyone with any experience of this? Also any tips on fitting...thinking the cord method maybe the way to go? or fit seal to body first and then lip the glass in?
Cheers all
Andy
Logged Offline
Private Message
mike brown
Posted on: April 16th, 2017, 20:06:10 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

The larger rubber will go but you will struggle on the front corners. Put the rubber in a bucket of hot soapy water before you start will help soften the rubber. I've never had much luck with string but I put the rubber on the body then slot the glass in the bottom then work it in around the top then fit the filler. Oh and cut the rubber an inch to long (2 inches for a windscreen) and squash it in otherwise WHEN it shrinks back you will have a gap.
Mike
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 5
Andy_Bullock
Posted on: April 17th, 2017, 18:29:11 Quote Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Cheers Mike. Had a go this afternoon and it was a struggle! Retired for the day to try again tomorrow! Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
Roger Garland
Posted on: April 18th, 2017, 23:31:37 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Hi Andy
The club can now supply smaller profile rubber to make it a bit easier to fit the rear side windows.  See page 39 of the latest edition of the club magazine, just £5 per metre inc the filler strip (or a bit less if you already have filler strip!) plus postage
Roger
Club Sec
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 5
Andy_Bullock
Posted on: April 22nd, 2017, 16:35:35 Quote Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Thanks Roger and Mike. I have...after some serious swearing practice got the quaterlights in just the rear and front screens to go! Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 5
mike brown
Posted on: April 22nd, 2017, 21:27:33 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

For the windscreen I find a second person inside with their feet on the roof to lift it as you push the screen into the rubber makes a big difference. You could do it with a jack but it's easier with the flexibility of a person.
Mike
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 5
Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Marcos  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules