Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Marcos  >  Which kit car magazine
0 Members Browsing (43 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Which kit car magazine  (currently 1,226 views)
Allan Brown
Posted on: March 4th, 2005, 09:03:13 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

I was looking through my dad's Which Kit Car magazine (March 2005) last night, on page 71 is a story about the history of Midas. I knew that they used to make the Mini Marcos but I didn't realise that the Midas was actually made from a MM. If you look closely at the picture of the front being made you will notice that the base car is a MM. Notice the triangle behind the front wheel arch and the doors definatley MM.

Allan
Logged Offline
Private Message
admin
Posted on: March 4th, 2005, 16:53:45 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

I haven't seen that one yet. It should have contained part 2 of the Marcos story but they seem to have held it over. Richard Oakes was originally planning to update the Mini Marcos but in the end desided to design the Midas from scratch. I wasn't aware that they'd used any MM parts, though it's quite likely that they used MM bits to make the buck for the moulds.

Given that the Midas originally used Mini subframes it would seem reasonable that quite a lot of the Mini Marcos could be reused.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
Herb
Posted on: March 4th, 2005, 20:53:09 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Nothing against Midas', I think they're interesting cars, but the Marcos styling has stood the test of time a lot better imo.
The Mini Marcos looks like what it was originally designed to be - a GT Coupe for use on the racetrack. A proper racing car, if you will.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Marcos  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules