Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Specials  >  Camber Maya GT
0 Members Browsing (3 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Camber Maya GT  (currently 1,034 views)
admin
Posted on: July 31st, 2006, 09:49:13 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

David Marley posted this to the Marcos List:

<<
I own the only Camber/Maya which was built for racing. George Holmes of W.West (Engineering) was commissioned to build a one-off model of the car for John d Green, a photographer who club raced.
It is a two ply shell (all the others were three ply) and is the only one built with the headlamps as originally designed. I bought the car off John d in 1968 after it had a successful seasons racing. I then sprinted and hill climbed it also very successfully.

The original shell was shipped up to Broadspeeds who installed all the Cooper running gear and a 1148cc full race mill. When I finished sprinting it in 1972, I then had it trimmed, MoTd and registered for road use and I drove it until 1977 and it has since been stored under cover up till today.

Its specs now are 1293S blueprinted engine built by Competition Engine Services at Aylesbury, gearbox by Barry Burgess Transmissions, five original mag Minilites 6 x 10 with unused Dunlop SP Sports (tubed).
I saw that Alan Clayton (? I think) had also acquired a sad looking model and was trying to find if there were any others around.

My one is absolutley fine, I wanted to finish it to concours level but unfortunately I have reached the ripe old age of 75 and I think that it needs a home with someone who will finish it off (two weeks input only) and treat it with tlc. It is in North London at the moment.

If anybody wants to know more or is interested, telephone me on 0208 9541483, or mobile 07802 436852 or email me at davidmarley@mac.com
>>

I've now added David's Maya to the Mini Alternatives section.
Logged Offline
  Private Message
Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Specials  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules