Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Specials  >  Three wheelers wanted for film/tv work
0 Members Browsing (1 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Three wheelers wanted for film/tv work  (currently 2,847 views)
admin
Posted on: December 16th, 2010, 12:03:06 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

I've just received this from the property master of Shepperton Studios (abridged):

"A free website has been launched from within the UK film and TV industry in a search for interesting, unusual and previously unseen vehicles and other props to hire as set dressing and action vehicles in foreground and background of feature films and TV productions.

"Productions will pay upwards of 500 per day for unique and eye-catching vehicles, of every description and from every decade of the past 120 years.

"While you know that your 3 wheeler is a head turner and extremely photogenic, you will probably have dismissed the thought of getting it to screen because you do not know what programmes are being made or who to contact, and perhaps believe that your vehicle is located too far from any TV or film studio. But every year thousands of productions are filmed on location throughout the UK;  movies, television dramas,  TV commercials, documentaries, photo shoots for billboards, magazines and book covers, trade shows, presentations, shop window dressing etc - and they all need props.

"This new website, http://www.moviepropbay.com was launched on 1st November to make it easy for art departments to search for and source vehicles and other props wherever they are shooting in the UK.

"It is FREE to register on the site, FREE to list photographs and a description of your vehicle on the site and NO COMMISSIONS are payable - you deal directly with the production company. Hiring guidelines can be found on the FAQs page."
Logged Offline
  Private Message
paul harcourt
Posted on: December 16th, 2010, 19:34:00 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

I tried this site and found that it took you to a PAYPAL checkout and would not accept a 0.00 payment, It feels quite strongly like a con to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 5
admin
Posted on: December 16th, 2010, 23:22:18 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

What were you trying to do when it took you to the checkout? I checked it out but didn't try to register.
Anyway the sender's is John Manning ("johnmanningMPBcom" <johnmanning@moviepropbay.com>) should you wish to contact him directly.

Richard
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
paul harcourt
Posted on: December 17th, 2010, 08:52:11 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

I registered and tried to upload a vehicle, all Ok up to this point, then it asks you to complete the transaction and takes you to the check out.
The check out says 0.00 but will not let you proceed without putting an amount in.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 5
paul harcourt
Posted on: December 21st, 2010, 16:32:27 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

OK I have listed my car!
I had an email conversation with the site admin who helped me to complete the listing, so I take it back this is not a scam but seems to be genuine.
Just have to wait and see what happens now, I will keep you all up to date if anything comes of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 5
jimnaylor
Posted on: December 21st, 2010, 22:33:23 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

In the hope that you get something it's probably worth reading this particularly the bits about contracts.

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6775

Hope you get the car in loads of films
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 5
Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Specials  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules