Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Specials  >  Biota
Topic Started by:
John Rayner
Printable Version

Posted by: John Rayner Posted on: August 13th, 2010, 18:52:57

i have obtained  the original moulds for the mk1 Biota & the mk2 Biota bonnet,  

Posted by: J.R.Booij Posted on: August 22nd, 2010, 11:29:39
Reply: 1

Wow. That is great news. Where did you find them?
From what I understood they'd gone to someone who planned to put the Biota on the market as a golf cart.

Is your early car the aluminium bodied prototype? I have a colour picture of that car (it was lime green) on the show stand at Olympia that you might find interesting.

Posted by: John Dickens Posted on: August 22nd, 2010, 14:31:08
Reply: 2

The story, along with some pictures, is in this months CKC.

Nice one John. I always liked the Biota.

Posted by: admin Posted on: August 23rd, 2010, 13:56:46
Reply: 3

Putting 2 and 2 together, I guess the Biota on display at Detling was one of those?

Posted by: John Rayner Posted on: August 23rd, 2010, 19:33:34
Reply: 4

Quoted from J.R.Booij, posted August 22nd, 2010, 11:29:39 at here
Wow. That is great news. Where did you find them?
From what I understood they'd gone to someone who planned to put the Biota on the market as a golf cart.

Is your early car the aluminium bodied prototype? I have a colour picture of that car (it was lime green) on the show stand at Olympia that you might find interesting.

i found the moulds in Mansfield the guy had owned them for over  30 years and they where just lying in his garden
No 1 is a fibreglass car, the aluminium car is in Doncaster awaing restoration and i belive it was lime green.
i would certinly be interested in seeing any Biota pics

Posted by: J.R.Booij Posted on: August 24th, 2010, 11:27:01
Reply: 5

Feel free to drop me a lione at jeroen@jeroenbooij.com and I will send you the picture. I have many other Biota pics, including some that were taken in the factory when they were built.

Jeroen

» Print page generated: August 10th, 2022, 17:45:35 «