Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Jem  >  WOW check out the UK Classic and Sports car May
0 Members Browsing (3 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    WOW check out the UK Classic and Sports car May   (currently 1,950 views)
Tim Neal
Posted on: April 20th, 2009, 01:45:55 Quote Report to Moderator
Medium Member

Lis and I are stoked, we just found out that our Jem was spotted by a writer for the UK Classic and sports car magazine at a show in Wellington some months ago and he voted it as his "best on show" and it gets a brief mention and photo in the May edition of the magazine. Its not in NZ yet but a friend got a copy at Heathrow as he flew out to visit last weekend. He couldn't believe his eyes when reading his fav mag he spots out car!

I have just updated my photobucket page as well with more pictures of the restoration.

http://photobucket.com/Minijem

Marcos magazine editor feel free to use the images if you want for the club magazine.

Last modified April 20th, 2009, 07:35:27 by Tim Neal
Logged Offline
Private Message MSN
admin
Posted on: April 20th, 2009, 09:11:48 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

Thanks for the tip-off. I'll get a copy. Please let me know if you spot anything in the mags. I usually scan the Mini and Kitcar mags but I don't have time to check all the classic and oter motoring mags.

There's a mention of the Marcos 50 celebrations in the current Mini Magazine.

Richard

Last modified April 20th, 2009, 09:12:43 by admin
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 1 - 6
Syd Crawford
Posted on: April 21st, 2009, 04:29:24 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

I'm not surprised Tim, that car will stand out in any crowd! I liked the one of it on the track

Don't know if you get 'The Mini Experience' over there in UK Richard but there is a good article on the Mini Jem in issue 17, with a bit on the Australian Taylorspeed version (a bit on mine as well

http://autofan.com.au/fileadmin/filemount/backissues/back_issues_april_09.jpg
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 6
admin
Posted on: April 21st, 2009, 09:03:06 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

Thanks. I'll see if I can get a copy.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 3 - 6
Tim Neal
Posted on: April 22nd, 2009, 04:21:47 Quote Report to Moderator
Medium Member

Quoted from Syd Crawford, posted April 21st, 2009, 04:29:24 at here
I'm not surprised Tim, that car will stand out in any crowd! I liked the one of it on the track

Don't know if you get 'The Mini Experience' over there in UK Richard but there is a good article on the Mini Jem in issue 17, with a bit on the Australian Taylorspeed version (a bit on mine as well

http://autofan.com.au/fileadmin/filemount/backissues/back_issues_april_09.jpg

I met the editor a few years ago when he visited NZ for a National Mini Meet in Chc. He wanted me to send him photos of my car when it was finished but I've lost his contact details.

With the Hampton Downs Marcos 50, if you get a jet star of similar carrier direct to Hamilton NZ we could pick you up and we can all stay with Lis's mum who lives there. Hampton downs is only 30 minutes from Hamilton. Would make it a cheap long weekend!
Logged Offline
Private Message MSN Reply: 4 - 6
Syd Crawford
Posted on: April 22nd, 2009, 23:01:18 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Boy Tim, your tempting me! - Jetstar can do $38 each way! Although with tax's ends up being $200 return - Still pretty good value though. Looks as if they only fly to Auckland, although this would only be an hours bus trip to Hampton. mmm....
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 6
Tim Neal
Posted on: April 24th, 2009, 20:29:07 Quote Report to Moderator
Medium Member

what you waiting for! We can collect you from Auckland airport. Its only 40 minutes as you don't go all the way into Auckland. Its going to cost me more in Diesel that your flights will cost!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message MSN Reply: 6 - 6
Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Jem  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules