Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Marcos  >  Right - join Part A to Part B etc, etc, etc
0 Members Browsing (52 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: « ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 : All Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Right - join Part A to Part B etc, etc, etc  (currently 34,425 views)
mike brown
Posted on: June 30th, 2021, 20:05:49 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Fuse box corrosion is quite likely and yes the fuse in and out a few times will clean it. I would however have a better try at cleaning it as the corrosion/high resistance is likely to return when dampness sets in.
Mike
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 525 - 530
Graham Bichard
Posted on: July 3rd, 2021, 18:46:59 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

And I'll keep the fire extinguisher to hand too Mike!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 526 - 530
Graham Bichard
Posted on: August 7th, 2021, 15:58:12 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

Just a short update.  I've been both very busy of late and a little under the weather, but a little progress made.
I'm hoping to visit next Friday, a company who could map the car for me.  Not someone I've used before (and a little bit of a trek), so am going to visit them to get a feel for the place before committing.
And I'm relieved to say that the speedo problem (it not working) might be a simpler solution.  I'd feared that the drive cogs at the gearbox might be U/S, but having unclipped the speedo cable at the speedo end and reversed/driven the car slowly on the driveway, with my finger on the end of the cable I can feel it turning.  So I think the inner drive cable might be too short to engage with the speedo instrument (I made sure the plastic clip was fully engaged in the rear of the instrument pod as a check before removing it to check the plastic cogs were working).
Small steps.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 527 - 530
Graham Bichard
Posted on: August 15th, 2021, 16:09:28 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

Went to visit RS Tuning in Leeds on Friday:
photo hosting sites
The garage is located 'down a back street', at least the way the satnav took me.  But it certainly didn't have the look or feel of a back street garage - clean & tidy, appeared organised.  And took the time to have a quick chat about the MM and what might be required.
While I don't know anyone who's used them personally, there doesn't seem to be anything negative online either, so these could be the people to map the ecu.
What the guy did recommend is sorting the throttle cable throw first to prevent having to have a revisit to re-map at a later date.
Not quite sure what the solution is for the throttle cable at the minute (full throttle application only opens the butterfly approx. 75%, so a longer throw needed somehow I think).  I also need to get a 90 degree bend cable made.
And I'll need to sort out getting the car transported to (and back from) Leeds, which I'm sure won't be cheap.
But another small step forward I hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 528 - 530
mike brown
Posted on: August 15th, 2021, 20:11:22 Quote Report to Moderator
Big Member

Can you move the pivot on on the throttle peddle to give more throw, failing that shorten the lever on the throttle body. As for moving the car shiply might be a good place to try.
Mike
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 529 - 530
Graham Bichard
Posted on: September 9th, 2021, 17:28:21 Quote Report to Moderator
Maximum Member2

Hi Mike.
Sorry for the late reply.  I looked at the throttle cable the other week - I've managed to re-route the cable to give a 'cleaner' route which gives almost full throttle. Enough for me to warrant getting the car mapped.
I still need to sort out another throttle cable, one which will fit beneath the bonnet when fitted but again, another small step forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 530 - 530
Pages: « ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 : All Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Marcos  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules